My social media journey started in high school when my online reality competition shows needed an online hub for our activities. I ran that hub as a Myspace group, crafting my social media skills long before the term was even coined.
As a first-generation American of Moroccan and Iranian heritage, I love connecting with people, figuring out who they are, and what they care about. This is why I gravitated to social media and teaching. I earned my teaching degree from Indiana University and have used my skills in various capacities including in facilitating my own workshops and incorporating technology into the classroom.
I am an optimistic person who is constantly looking for win-win opportunities for friends, students, and clients. I help people represent themselves using social media in order to re-engage their social networks at scale. Everything I do in life, both online and offline, is about empowering others by creating connections.
Things I am passionate about:
• Learning about new platforms like TikTok (check out my favorite Lawyers on TikTok),
• Motivating teens to share what makes them awesome on LinkedIn (want to inspire your students? Learn more about my teen workshop),
• getting people to hash out their differences,
• live streaming on Periscope and beyond,
• motivating students in school, in math, and beyond,
• educational technologies especially with an iPad,
• getting to the core of people’s problems,
• talking about “diversity,”
• Twitter and its networking capabilities,
• answering questions about what it’s like to be Jewish, and beyond.